"Change the Future" conference for young people with rheumatic and musculoskeletal disorders!

[I apologise for the number of acronyms in this!]

EULAR Young PARE are the voice of young people (18-35) with rheumatic diseases across Europe, and work to create improvements in the lives of young people with rheumatic and musculoskeletal disorders (RMDs).

You can learn more about them and their work here: http://www.eular.org/pare_young_pare.cfm

A few months ago, as their Patron for children and young people, I was nominated by the Hypermobility Syndromes Association to the Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Alliance (ARMA) as a delegate to help represent both organisations at EULAR young PARE's international conference on the 21st - 23rd October, titled "Change the Future."

Yesterday I received an email confirming that my nomination had been accepted, along with 3 other individuals who will also be representing ARMA.

So in a months time I will be off to Belgium to meet up with others from all across Europe to work on improving the lives of young people with rheumatic and musculoskeletal disorders - including the hypermobility syndromes and hypermobility related heritable disorders of connective tissue'

I don't know the details yet, but I really hope I can help create a better future for all of us, where our needs are better understood - and therefore better addressed.

Donna Wicks, CEO of the HMSA said "The HMSA is very proud that Hannah, our Patron for Young People, has been chosen to represent us at European level. Her understanding of living with one of the hypermobility syndromes gives an unique platform for her to share her experiences and knowledge. We will giving a full report on the conference on Hannah's return."

It`s a great privilege - and responsibility, and I hope that I can rise to the challenge.


Comments