Keyring cards - tweaking the design?

Most of my keyring cards have something like this on the back:

But a few of my cards (like the one on the left) are mostly blank on the back, with write-on stickers so you can add elements that are personal to you. The white stickers can then be covered over with a clear sticker to keep it clean and neat.


While working on some dyspraxia-inspired new designs (some of which will also be useful to many people with fatigue, autism and/or other hidden conditions - there are some that I really want!) I thought: what if I switched to all cards having a mostly white back (with the logo and copyright info at the bottom) and then have stickers available separately - so you can buy a white sticker plus clear over sticker for, say, £0.30p and they can be used on the back of any card you want to use them on.

Whether it's writing 'See the care plan in my bag for treatment details' on the back of a card explaining your medical conditions, or listing things that can help on the back of the sensory overload card. It would give a much greater flexibility to the user. - However, the change would be very gradual with the plan back only appearing on new designs and re-prints as I gradually work through my current stock.

You could still use the extra stickers on the back of the old design ones - they would just have a border of the current design around the sticker, and a little of the design may show through the white sticker.

What do you think?

Shall I go blank?

Comments

  1. Could you not do a border of joyful stick-people around the edge of the sticker space?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of something around the border too! The stickpeople around the border sounds great, but so does maybe some encouraging words and the people. Just something super cute would be nice, but I really like how your card about anesthetics for EDS is red and noticeable. For medical emergency cards, I think the focus being visibility and attention drawing on both sides of the card is the most important thing. I don't want something to look so cute or unrecognizable that people wouldn't see it or notice it in an emergency. The Ehlers-Danlos National Foundation has a card that they put out that has special emergency instructions for people with EDS. You could always try drawing some inspiration from that, but making it even more noticeable perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an ace idea! Will you also sell the back stickers in multi packs to keep cost down?

    I also very much like the idea of a border or cheery stick people on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I've been meaning to comment on this post, but ... (see comment on brain fog post!). I'd like the blank stickers, especially for cards aimed at medical professionals.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but please note that any offensive or inappropriate comments - including advertising - will be moderated.