My Intro!


Hello and good morning!


As anyone who has seen my website will know, I have a problem with taking life seriously. There is far too much comedy involved.


As a side effect of this merry affliction, I find myself producing cartoons that show life just as it is with all its ridiculosity on display.


Why did I start? How did I discover that stickmen could be so funny?


About 5 years ago I became disabled by a condition called Hypermobility Syndrome (HMS/EDS) (meaning my collagen is faulty and my joints all slip out of place, and I walked like a string puppet). A few years later I was also diagnosed with Postural Tachycardia Sydnrome (linked to HMS/EDS) where my blood pressure and heart rate don't cope with upright, causing my brain to not get enough oxygen when I'm not lying down. Meaning I spend a lot of time with the same symptoms as being drunk. I now walked like a drunk string puppet and had long patches where I couldn't talk coherently. So I started drawing. And using a wheelchair more - it seemed like a wise alternative to incessant wall hugging and carpet-kissing.


And 3 books later I'm still drawing and my stickmen are gradually educating the world as to what living with disability can be like, whilst creating laughter lines and smile creases in the faces of all involved.
And so I'm starting a blog, where everyone can keep updated as to my latest adventures and projects while ensuring that their sense of humour is kept fully operational.

Comments

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but please note that any offensive or inappropriate comments - including advertising - will be moderated.